Wednesday 31 May 2017

Movie review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 8/10


Even though it is not as good as the first one, Vol.2 was still fantastic and really fun to watch. There are lots of good positive moments and some really funny ones as well. To me, Drax the destroyer played by WWE legend, Dave Bautista absolutely stole the show. He was damn funny in every scene he was in and I couldn't stop laughing at the "Mantis! LOOK OUT!" part. The rest of the cast were good especially Yondu played by Michael Rooker. The whole anti hero/ father figure suited him really well. You also have the cute factor for the kids with Baby Groot. Which was nice but a little too much of something can be quite annoying.
Direction for Vol.2 was pretty good. I loved the editing and I enjoyed the script. The soundtrack didn't really caught my attention the first time like how it was in the first movie but when I listened to the soundtrack for the second time, that's when I appreciated it.
I will definitely get the Blu ray for this movie and I am looking forward to the third movie and the one where they meet the avengers to face Thanos.

No comments: