Thursday 11 August 2016

Movie review of Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad - 3.5/10


I watched Suicide Squad with extremely low expectations. All because of Batman vs Superman was a major shit fest and I did not like the trailers as well. The thing is you have to watch SS with low expectations and then only maybe.... just maybe can you enjoy the movie a bit.

First of all, what the fuck is up with the fucking music? Is there a fucking need to put a song clip every 2 mins(exaggerated)? Yes, the song selections are good but there is no need to cram all kinds of songs in a movie. there are moments where there are 2 to 3 songs in just one scene. That's just silly.

Casting is a little hit and miss for me. Will Smith as a black Deadshot... ok lah, he usually does pretty good movies and selects his roles well unless he has to act with his idiot son, then we have a problem. Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is not bad actually. That was quite a bit of a surprise to me. You have these two cheebyes, Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman. One fucker ruined Die Hard 5 for me (Fuck you), while the other fucker ruined Robocop (Fuck you too). Cara Delevingne, pretty girl but I don't know what or who the fuck is an Enchantress and I didn't really care until the end where she is making some sort of machine and she is doing that by dancing. That really reminded me of the demon in Ghostbusters (original not the new shit) and that demon does a better job than lanjiaotress. Fuck that. Killer Croc has weird tits(thanks Josh) and Diablo is a whiny pussy. Oh, you also have a Navajo cheebye from the movie Windtalkers who has a screen time of 2 fucking mins. WHY?

One of the main reasons I wanted to watch Suicide Squad was to see Jared Leto's portrayal of the Joker. But unfortunately, he has only about 10 mins of screen time and I can't really judge him from that. His Joker is definitely different than Heath Ledger's Joker, that's for sure. In fact, he shouldn't even be in this movie at all. He appears more in that Rick Ross music video, Purple Lamborghini than this movie.

All because of the one reason why Suicide Squad sucked major ass. It's the editing. This movie has one of the worst editing done. There are so many scenes and shots cut out that sometimes I have no fucking idea what is going on. Whatever you have seen in the trailers does not appear in the final cut. I don't know if it is about timing issue or the editors just wanted to fuck shit up. I sincerely hope there is a director's cut for SS and I hope it makes more sense.

Watch Suicide Squad on a weekday or just wait for the extended version cause the cuts will piss you off.

No comments: